How To Quickly Submit Your Software
For software authors or publishers, the software publishing is a complicated and careful job. There are literally hundreds of shareware sites and each site has a slightly different method of submitting your program information. Because of this variation, most commercially available software submission programs simply cannot work for every different site. To publishing software successfully, we must take a series of preparative work ahead. Fellow are some tips and advices that can help us.
1. Take your software be ready for submission. The software must be ready for releasing, check it to make sure that it hasn’t any kinds of computer viruses or Trojan, then pack it, testing it in different operating systems to make sure that is can be run in various conditions.
2. Prepare a reliable space for the software we want to publish, give the right introductions, instructions and the way of purchasing, leave our address correctly in order that other people can find us, and browse our web site in different Internet browser to make sure that it’s available.
3. Create the PAD xml file of the software which we want to release. PAD is the Portable Application Description, and it helps authors provide product descriptions and specifications to online sources in a standard way, using a standard data format that will allow webmasters and program librarians to automate program listings. PAD saves time and energy for both authors and webmasters.
4. Using PADGen from Association of Shareware Professionals (ASP). PADGen can easily create Portable Application Descriptions (PAD) files for all our applications. Submitting the PAD xml file will easily allow webmasters access to all our information. With PADGen create a PAD xml file, the main contents we need input and the relevant notices we should advert include. Finally, we should check all the information we are submitting is correct. Make sure there are no spelling mistakes and that all the URL’s work correctly. Also, try to get somebody else to check it (it is easy to miss our own mistakes). If we won’t want our job go to waste, well then take these advices.
6. Upload the PAD xml file which was created by PADGen to the web sites where we want to go and check it by yourself first. Test this PAD xml URL can work fine.
7. Submit our software to varied kinds of software publishing web sites, such as tucows.com, download.com, softsea.com, softpedia.com and so on; submit our web site to varied kinds of searching engines, such as yahoo, google, msn and so on.
8. You can try some a professional software submission service for shareware authors. If you want, you can choose the charged service of software releasing, such as gsa-online.de, develab.net, softpressrelease.com, softwaresubmit.com and so on (we can also find some information on it).
9. Finally, always strengthen the function of our software and renew it regularly, keep in touch with varied software releasing web sites, we’d better set our own Newsletter service, informing our client and the websites about the regular renewal.