Google Analytics: What Is It?
Are you finding it difficult to keep track of your site’s performance in the search engines? Aside from having to download software that offer to keep track of your website’s SEO performance, Google now has a newly integrated service especially for SEO people out there concerned with their web site’s performance.
This Google tracking service is known as the Google Analytics. It is a powerful service that keeps track of your web site’s success on organic and paid search results. Google Analytics gives you better understanding on how your web site’s web visitors react on your site. It gives you no-holds barred and detailed experience of your web site visitors.
You will also be aware and know what key words users in relation to your web site frequently use. You will be educated on the best link text that brings in the most prospects.
True to its name, the Google Analytics shares with you analytical data that will help you greatly on being aware about your web site visitors and target visitors’ preferences.
Google Analytics provides free information about the way visitors to your site interact with it. By taking a good evaluation of Google Analytics, webmasters will realize how it is an invaluable tool they can and should use especially if they do not have some form of visitor tracking solution.
Google Analytics shares with you which of your SEO campaigns deliver the best ROI or return on investment. If you are not confident on the software you use in finding out your internet marketing results, Google Analytics is good in tracking down results of your internet marketing campaigns. Now alongside the Google AdWords, you can be certain of obtaining significant information about your web site.
Google Adwords is an equally powerful service for placing your web site in search results based on certain key words related to your site. Google Adwords take note of your major web site’s key words and efficiently guarantees that your web site appears in search engine results.
Google Analytics was once named as Urchin visitor tracking by Google. It was last November 16, 2005 when Google renamed this service into Google Analytics. It is free for everyone’s use and those who have signed up during its early stages are offered with a completely new set of significant and consequential information regarding your web site visitors.
Still, those who are late in signing up for this service can wait until Google offer new sign-ups to the Google Analytics system.
Google Analytics works with tracking codes that will guarantee to track down important user information for you. It uses codes in the destination URL’s that facilitates the web site visitor tracking mission by Google Analytics.
Here are some of the most important reasons why you need Google Analytics as part of your website visitor tracking and have it on your site:
1. Its functionality equals most expensive visitor tracking services, even if it is free.
2. The service is your solution to identify where visitors leave your check-out or sign-up process. Identifying this will help you make amends and modify your sign-up process that is user-friendly. You will then be prevented from losing leads
3. Utilizing Google Analytics will help you identify the pages and links your web site visitor’s click on most. You will also know which page your visitors spend most their time on. You can therefore improve these pages properly and position them and their link texts appropriately.
4. Wondering the previous site your web site visitor logged on to before coming to your site? Google Analytics will tell you all about it.
5. You will also be provided with the most popular keyword users type in the search bar of the search engine in finding web sites associated/related to your website. Knowing these popular keywords is a great boost for your SEO efforts and performance, even on other search engines.
6. Google analytics conduct visitor segmentation. It classifies new and returning web site users, their geographical information and the referral source they use. This provides you with invaluable insight if you are planning on a setting up a new online business.
7. For search advertising results, Google Analytics and Google Adwords guarantees you with end-to-end visibility
8. You can even track other non-search-engine marketing media
9. Overall, Google Analytics provides you a very cheap service on gaining more customers, if you utilize its results.
Like most search engine services, Google Analytics has its own advantages and disadvantages.
• Its setup is very straightforward. You do not have to waste time waiting for results
• It is quite flexible, provides great solution and a wide range of significant and valuable reports
• You can login once and track multiple sites. You have more than one web site to track.
• Google tracking makes it possible to track campaigns even on other media
• You need not be confused of the A/B ad testing
• Its integration with all marketing media so as you can use only single portal to track multiple campaigns is ingenious
• You will get In-depth reports on site navigation of users you never dreamed you could have
• It also has Ecommerce tracking features
However, Google Analytics package falls behind two very important features most search engine marketers need. This is the ability to track down individual user activities and trace activity back to an individual user level. Another is the ability to track fraudulent online activities so as your site will be safe from it. Even if there are the eCommerce tracking features, it cannot completely provide this important tracking capability.
The free web site analytics solution, is Google’s statement regarding their supremacy among other search engines.
Article discusses Google Analytics and how powerful it can be to marketer’s keeping track of their site’s performance in the search engines.